College of Health Sciences and Education
Program Director: George Godlewski, PhD
Please note that this program is no longer accepting applicants for enrollment for the Spring 2022 semester and later terms.
Students completing the BS in Health Science will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the patient care process from a social justice perspective.
- Demonstrate critical reasoning skills in the patient care process by conducting a client assessment, identifying functional problems, and developing an appropriate intervention plan.
- Interact and communicate professionally and courteously with clients while demonstrating the necessary clinical competencies required within their respective health care discipline.
Statement of Program Assessment for BS in Health Science:
Program courses are evaluated each semester via both University faculty evaluations and individual department course evaluations.
The Surgical Technology Specialization is a completion program offered in the Expressway format resulting in a bachelor of science degree in Health Science. The goals of the program are:
- To augment the global education of board certified students in respiratory therapy.
- To augment student knowledge in health science.
- To value the need to maintain an understanding of current health care trends and issues that impact health science professionals.
Applicants must have completed all surgical technology requirements for board certification as part of an accredited associate degree program, and must have approval from the accrediting body to take the board examination prior to matriculating into the completion program.